New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Anti-glare or Glossy screen to work with graphic design

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

thepma

thepma is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone.

I'm new on here and I have a doubt about which screen should work better to work with graphic design. I saved some money to buy an Imac for myself but I dont wanna spend all the money on the wrong screen.

A friend of mine have an Imac glossy and it reflects alot when theres a light in the background, Ive been reading about which one I should get but Im still confused.

If anyone works with graphic design, colors and photos please give me a tip about what I should do.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

As far as I know, the iMac ships with a glossy screen. I don't believe you can purchase one with an anti-glare screen. There are third party after market products which reduce screen glare which you can buy separately.

The MacBook Pro series does offer an anti-glare screen as an option ($50.00) on the 15" and larger models, perhaps that's what you're thinking of?

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
thepma

thepma is on a distinguished road

Hey.Thanks for your reply.

I can also purchase Imac with anti-glare screen on the apple store. I just dont know which kind of screen should work better to work with graphic design.

Ive talked to a few people about it but not designers. Perhaps I should just take the anti-glare one.
QUOTE Thanks
Chilbear

Chilbear is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5

I do design and have the glossy screen. There was no option at the time. Colours are fine and I have the monitor turned slightly so the reflection is not in my face.

If you can get Matt I would. If not no big deal just turn it slightly.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« upgrade or not | G5 2.0ghz processor fit G4 533 dual or 400mhz single core? »