New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - PRAM Batteries

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

I wanted to warn folks about the website "welovemacs.com". If you need a new PRAM battery, don't buy it from these folks!!! In the past I complained to them that they were wayyyy over-charging for the older style PRAM battery used in Mac from the 1986 Mac Plus to most if not all of the Powermac G4 models:

Before I informed them that they were way over-charging for this PRAM battery, I believe they were charging about $24.95...now they are charging $12.95:

BAT-2060 Apple Computer (Clock PRAM) 3.6v Lithium Battery, Apple Mac and iPod Accessories

...$12.95 is better, but it is still much more than you would pay for the same PRAM battery at macsales.com, which is charging $4.99:

3.6v Newer Technology Lithium 1/2 AA PRAM Com... (3.6VPRAM) at OWC

Remember before I informed welovemacs.com about their pricing, they were charging $24.95 vs. $4.99 at macsales.com.

Well since I was helping someone else on the forum with a G5 issue possibly relating to a PRAM battery problem...I again looked up PRAM battery prices for the G5:

So for the heck of it I went to "welovemacs.com" to see what their price was...and OHH MY GOD...they are charging $29.95 for one of them:

922-6476 Apple Mac Mini & G5 PRAM Battery (Lithium 3v), Apple Mac and iPod Accessories

Then I went to "macsales.com...and they're charging $1.99 for the same battery!!!:

3v Newer Technology Lithium CR2032 coin cell PR... (CR2032) at OWC

Can you believe it...$29.95 vs. $1.99!!!

I'm not really trying to "bash" "welovemacs.com"...maybe their prices on other items are fair or even good...but as far as PRAM batteries go, don't get them at "welovemacs.com"!!!

Just trying to help,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Theres lots of Mac dealers charging a ton for theses batteries. As always one must learn about Mac parts and be looking for deals. I get my batteries from an alarm supplier.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Sony CR2032 DL2032 CR DL 2032 3v Watch battery x10 - eBay Batteries, Batteries, Chargers, Accessories, Electronics. (end time 19-Oct-09 22:20:56 AEDST)

For me these are the go AUD$7.50 or about US$7.00 for ten, post free from Hong Kong and Sony, a reputable brand. These batteries fit my G5 Dual Core, Ford remote door control and my bvlood glucose monitor machine and no doubt many other applications also.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

I agree with you Harry...these "CR-2032" batteries are very common & very inexpensive...and there just isn't any reason a website should be charging $29.95 for one! OUCH!

I see 5 & 10 pack's of these batteries sold at "flea markets" all the time in my area.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« RAID Issues | should I upgrade my G5 or get a new computer? »