New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

mini - Stability on a shiny desk

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mikethebook

Mikethebook is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2.26Ghz 2GB RAM

I'm thinking about buying a Mini but they have no rubber feet and I'm wondering how stable they are on a shiny desk. Do they move around or are they very stable? I'm just concerned about it dropping to the floor.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Buy some stick on feet for it from a DIY store, but it should be ok. They were designed like it.
Alternatively, get a mouse mat and place it under the mini.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
Mikethebook

Thanks,

The rubber feet sound good! I was thinking of velcro!

Mike
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Alternatively look for one of those non skid mats for lining shelves etc. They come various colours and have undulating little slots on them.
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

It will be fine. It is a computer, not a bowling ball!
QUOTE Thanks
justin_clark93

justin_clark93 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo 1.83 ghz

i have a mini c2d, and it really is fine on my slippery fake-wood desk. It does move a little if the cords are wrenched though. For instance, if a flash drive is pulled out it will wiggle side-to-side, so if your that worried, then get some rubbery feet from a hardware store. They only cost like 90 cents.

Justin
QUOTE Thanks
Zena

Zena is on a distinguished road

I'd suggest a docking port, which is what I put under one of mine.
" Hi-Speed USB 2.0 and FireWire 6-Port Hub for Mac® mini" Belkin $40
It has same color and shape, but it also keeps the thing secure on the desk.
I needed a Firewire and the extra USB ports anyway.

They also make a $30 version w/o the Firewire

I wish I didn't have so many peripheral wires - why can't more accessories be wireless?

Best accessory ever, short of a dual video port.
QUOTE Thanks
Mikethebook

Thanks for the replies. I'm interested in the Belkin hub. How is that attached to the Mac Mini and what is it about the hub that makes the Mini more secure. Does it have rubber feet or what? Thanks for the help.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Power mac does not have mic input? | Your satisfaction with your Mini? »