New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Hard Drive In PC

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ATC Productions

ATC Productions is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I am in the starting proses of making an Aplication for the Ipod Touch and the Iphone. I do not have a Mac computer at this moment in time. But what i want to know weather if I can get an Mac Registured Intel hard drive for a desktop could this be put into a simple windows running PC and work on Mac. If I was to take out the Windows hard drive would the new Mac one work and would it run OS X Snow Leepoard?. If this would work can anyone sugest a good place to get a cheep Mac Registured Intel hard drive or a hard drive which is blank which will run Mac (if that works).

If you need any more information please ask!

Thanks
Sam
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

Can't run OSX on a PC based machine. This violates Apple's EULA and no help will be provided here.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATC Productions View Post
Hello,

I am in the starting proses of making an Aplication for the Ipod Touch and the Iphone.
What, are you trying to get credit to purchase one or both of these?

Quote:
I do not have a Mac computer at this moment in time. But what i want to know weather if I can get an Mac Registured Intel hard drive for a desktop could this be put into a simple windows running PC and work on Mac.
The weather is fine here. Kind of hot though. How is it there?

There is no such thing as a "Mac Registured Intel" [sic] hard drive.

Quote:
I was to take out the Windows hard drive would the new Mac one work and would it run OS X Snow Leepoard?.
There is no difference between a Windows hard drive and a Mac hard drive except the operating system that is installed on it. No, it would not run and it would also be against the License Agreement as it can only be installed on an Apple machine.

Quote:
If this would work can anyone sugest a good place to get a cheep Mac Registured Intel hard drive or a hard drive which is blank which will run Mac (if that works).

If you need any more information please ask!

Thanks
Sam
Well, since there is no such thing as a "Mac Registured [sic] Intel hard drive", can't tell you where to get one.
A blank hard drive can be bought from anywhere that sells hard drives.

A Mac is a computer made by Apple which uses OS X as an operating system.
And no, if you want to use OS X, you will need to buy a Mac.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac vs MacPro | G4 hard drive upgrade »