jmlcc
    Imac G4 700 boot problem
    Maybe somebody can help me: I have a G4, 3 years old, OSX 10.3.5 which does not boot any more. Exactly, the boot takes place but finishes with the light blue screen, only the cursor is visible. No action possible neither with the keyboard, nor with the mouse. Apple service center claims that the mother board needs to be changed (hundreds of $ !!!) . Does anybody know something about this kind of failure? Is there a cheaper way to fix it? Thanks in advance for any help.

zap2
    if there is no way to fix it i say get a mini if the fixing part is over like 300ish

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlcc
    Maybe somebody can help me: I have a G4, 3 years old, OSX 10.3.5 which does not boot any more. Exactly, the boot takes place but finishes with the light blue screen, only the cursor is visible. No action possible neither with the keyboard, nor with the mouse. Apple service center claims that the mother board needs to be changed (hundreds of $ !!!) . Does anybody know something about this kind of failure? Is there a cheaper way to fix it? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Do you have a Panther Install CD? If so I would try to archive and install and if that does not work, do a reinstall. If it still does not work there must be a hardware problem. I have seen that exact screen on other macs and it was an OS problem.

jmlcc
    Thanks a lot for the answers. Actually, it turned out that this probably a HD problem. Hopefully will be fixed soon.

Thread Information