Thread: New To Mac

New To Mac
    I just bought a new iMAC 24" and discovered it had an old OS on it. I contacted Apple because I had heard they were great at helping out and I also heard I could get it for about 10 bucks (not 30) since I just bought the MAC. My first blush impression wasn't so great. When I finally got the return call, I was told I had to follow this link (a mile long and I never got it right) and print a PDF and manually fill it out to order Snow Leopard. "It was the only way" according to the CS rep. When I questioned it the CS rep said it had to be done this way. I never put my credit card info in the USPS mail, so I went on the Apple Store site and finally found a way to order SL online. Very simple, very fast. Just thought I'd pass this on to other newbees out there. I'm sorry I didn't copy the link. It took me forever to find the right page.

Specs:
    | '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
    Sometimes the online order form doesn't work properly and you have to do a fax form like the rep asked you to do. Weird that they didn't suggest online first, I had it suggested to me when I upped to snow leopard last week.

Specs:
    iMac Alum - 24" Display - 4GB RAM
    FWIW, I called Apple yesterday with a question regarding Snow Leopard and when I thanked the CS Rep for her help and said I was going to order it, she jumped right in, took my order and made it effortless. So that option is always available. She made my life easier and I didn't have to find any link or type in anything...she did it all.

My hats off to them..just thought it worthwhile mentioning.

Frank Lauri

Go Figure
    I guess it depends on who you get connected with. Seemed strange to me that the guy didn't just take my order over the phone like was done for you. He must have been new or was having a bad day. Anyway, I was asked today to fill out a survey on my first experience with Apple Care. I didn't leave anything out.

Specs:
    | '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
    That's good, you want them to fix issues with CSRs instead of it getting worse.

Sorry you had a bad first experience. You will love your mac. I have since the 80's

Thread Information