New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Tints under 12% donít show up, using Imac Screen.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

GeoffStrange

GeoffStrange is on a distinguished road

Issue: When using any tint of any colour under 12% in QuarkXPress, Photoshop the Imac screen does not show this. It shows it as plain white.
Im a Graphic Designer and this is a very important issue, many tints I use are 7% these come up very dark when printed by Commercial Digital Printers. There is no problem with my ProNitron 21/650 Screen.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Which iMac is this and is it a 20" or a 24"? White or Aluminum?
QUOTE Thanks
GeoffStrange

GeoffStrange is on a distinguished road

Imac Details... 24" Aluminum

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac9,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
QUOTE Thanks
scathe

scathe is a jewel in the roughscathe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2,4Ghz 15" unibody

you can try experimenting with color profiles ... system preferences/displays and the color tab ( i think )
QUOTE Thanks
girlintheyhat

girlintheyhat is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5, White, 1.8GHz Power PC

I work in tech support for a publisher and one of our designers has a very similar problem on a 24in Aluminium iMac, iMac 7.1. In InDesign he cannot see any tint below 20%, they just look white.

We've tried everything, checked the colour profiles, reinstalled the software, run diagnostics, checked all the firmware and graphics card are up to date. No joy. If anyone has had this problem and has a solution we'd also be very grateful to hear from you.

GeoffStrange can I ask you: Did this problem come on all of a sudden or has it always been an issue?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Decisions, decisions: move from PC to Mac? | wireless network collapsed »