New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Intermittent Wireless Connectivity Problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

enkid0

enkid0 is on a distinguished road

Good morning all,
I have2 yr old 20"imac(problemshave existed through 10.5 and10.6). It is connected to the internet via an airport extreme wireless router. Lately, my imac has been experiencing intermittent wireless connectivity problems.

I also have an old ibook laptop which has no wireless connectivity problems.

I would think this is a problem with the imac network card except for the following curious symptom and I would be interested in opinions:

- I can connect via the airport utility, and
- the network appears at moderate-to-full strength, but
- the imac cannot connect to the network

So Icansee the router using the airport utility, the network is detected, but the computer can't connect. Hmmmm?

Do I take this in to get checked out; the airport card replacement is not a DIY unfortunately?

Cheers and TIA.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« g5 imac 2.1 will not accept cd's, or dvd's | Still 'viable'? »