New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Erg Imac Wont Power On

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jasonarp

jasonarp is on a distinguished road

Sorry for the title, this is very frustrating.

So my imac (owned for about a year and a half) has been problem free it's entire life span, until I started my own company using it and now it doesn't want to comply.

The first signs of distress were my screen would all of a sudden dim, and a message would pop up saying "Your operating system has suddenly shut down. Please reboot your computer." This happened twice in a week span, and it rebooted normally. Then a few days later the computer completely froze. Now I don't know about you guys, but my macs NEVER just freeze. Sure maybe an app, or they need a second to think, but this was FROZEN... ice cold apple.

So as if that sucked enough... now 3 days later, I'm having power issues.

The first time it happened, I went to boot, and the chime cut out about half way, and powered off, then it tried again. Finally after many unsuccessful tries, it boots, BUT it can't read my hard drive... SO I'M ******, because I had just tracked a band the day before, and now it looks like $300 worth of tracking is gone. So I walk to my moms pc to trouble shoot, and by the time I was done with that I come back to find my desktop... booted. WHAT THE ****?

So I called Apple Support the yesterday and we talked about all of this, and he basically emptys my Cache and reboots my P Ram... THEN last night, I put my computer to sleep, come back AND IT WONT BOOT AGAIN. This time though, it won't even get to the chime. The disk drive makes a sound, then NOTHING. Erg this is frustrating.

The worst part is, this morning when I call Apple Support AGAIN, it boots straight up, no problem. EFF.

I have an appointment at the G Bar tomorrow, but GOD do I hate those people.

Has this happened to anyone else? The first Apple Support guy said he had never even heard of the screen dimming thing.
QUOTE Thanks
jasonarp

jasonarp is on a distinguished road

Going to Apple today... I've had worse problems since this post. I'd better walk away with a new computer.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac 20" (late 2006 model) - opinions needed | How do I replace the Power Supply..? »