New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

eMac - The computer crashes...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

midog23

midog23 is on a distinguished road

I have an emac 1.25ghz, with the 9200, and every time I boot into Mac OS X 10.4, it crashes. I have replaced the RAM, the HDD, and the heatsink(thought the proc was overheating) but I came to the conclusion that it only crashes(as in pointer won't move and keyboard has no effect) when I boot into normal mode, but it works fine and fast in safe boot mode... Anyone know what might be the problem with it?? Thank you in advance...
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by midog23 View Post
I have an emac 1.25ghz, with the 9200, and every time I boot into Mac OS X 10.4, it crashes. I have replaced the RAM, the HDD, and the heatsink(thought the proc was overheating) but I came to the conclusion that it only crashes(as in pointer won't move and keyboard has no effect) when I boot into normal mode, but it works fine and fast in safe boot mode... Anyone know what might be the problem with it?? Thank you in advance...
Give this a read...could be what you're experiencing:

1.25 Ghz eMacs Plagued By Capacitor Problems | Cult Of Mac

If your emac's capacitor's are bulging...they would need to be replaced.

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks
midog23

actually, it says on the superdrive door with the apple that it was made in 2006, and it works fine in safe boot mode...
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

I would reinstall the OS and see what happens.
QUOTE Thanks
midog23

As much as it hurts me to say it, Pigoo3 was right. It was a faulty capacitor, so I will attempt to fix it, but in the meantime, I will be working on my other macs to try and get them sold... I'm just sad because this is the only 1.25 I have, all the others are 1Ghz, which won't bring in as much money. Thanks for your help, guys.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I would have bet Pigoo was correct as it sounded so much like that Capacitor issue.

Why are you selling off all your Macs? Just curious.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Thats the one issue with emacs thats a turn off.
QUOTE Thanks
aaaaplay

aaaaplay is on a distinguished road

Mine locks up after updat 10.5.6
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« how do i transfer my internal 20gig HD to 250 HD | Cannot reinstall OS X 10.4 Computer cannot see HD. »