New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - power mac G5 print settings


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
splitvw

 
Member Since: Apr 16, 2009
Posts: 2
splitvw is on a distinguished road

splitvw is offline
I have a power mac dual G5 running 10.4.11 and I'm having trouble with my printer. I have an HP5000 laser printer hooked up via USB and it only prints about 75% of the time. The other 25% of the time no data is sent to the printer, the data receive light on the printer does not flash. I need to re-print the document and then it will usually work. It doesn't matter what I'm printing, emails, web pages, word docs, adobe artwork, etc.

I'm wondering if there are any settings on the computer that can be changed? addresses? port settings? spooling settings? etc. Some way to make this run smoother...

Thanks for any suggestions.
Jim
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Wireless keyboard for iMac. | Why hello »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
HD problem in an old Power Mac G3, can you help me please? Powered by AMD Apple Desktops 12 11-07-2009 01:34 AM
Swapping OS drives between Two Power Mac G5 larrybassman OS X - Operating System 1 02-11-2009 11:55 PM
RTL8187B chipset MAC OSX 10.3 Power PC candilero Internet, Networking, and Wireless 0 08-26-2008 01:37 PM
Mac Users Get More ISP Choices schweb Apple Rumors and Reports 1 03-06-2003 11:57 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?