New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

mini - Mac Mini won't start up.. sorta?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

poopieboy

poopieboy is on a distinguished road

Okay, So I have a Mac mini PPC that I gave to my Mom so she could start learning how to use a computer.

It is an Apple Mac Mini 1.42GHz SuperDrive (M9971LL/B, M9687LL/A, A1103)

So one day my mom accidentally spilled water on the mini (I'm not a clumsy person in the least bit.. I haven't spilled or dropped anything in years so seeing this happened really made me cringe). She spilled a full cup of water on the desk, most of the water falling on the desk but some on the mini. She freaked out and I immediately came over and shut it off and pulled the power chord out of the mini.

I told her to not turn it on for the rest of the day. After 24 hours I came to the computer and turned it on. The small white light turned on but it did not make the start up sound and nothing popped up on the screen. I waited for about 30 seconds, and shut it off again. Then I turned it on again and it made 2 loud beeps, and then restarted on its own and made the start up noise, but it still didn't display anything on the screen. Since then every time I turn it on, the white light goes on but there is no start up screen and it does not display anything.

I've tested it with 2 other monitors since then and still no luck. I have tried resetting the PRAM and the PMU (power management unit) per the instructions on Apple's website and have still had no luck.

Every time I start it up, I can hear and feel both the hard drive and the fan. I can also feel the air that the fan is pushing out, yet there is no start up sound and nothing being displayed.

What can I do?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New to mac, PC gaming questions, Paralels etc... | Strange and worrisome noise »