New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Mac Mini dying

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Apps

Apps is on a distinguished road

I went into an official Apple Store yesterday, and they had the usual Genius bar, Kids desk (with the really cool chairs ), MBPs, iMacs and a HUGE 30" Cinema Display (the old silver one). It took me a while, but I noticed there were no Mac Minis anywhere, and no black spaces on desks, or adverts for Mac minis! Are apple going to kill off the mini?

Also, after a little while browsing I noticed they still had Shake for sale, which was discontinued just recently, and had no new cinema displays (the black ones).

Just a bad store, or is the mini dieing ?
QUOTE Thanks
Ghostshadow

Ghostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook G3 - You'll be missed.

Nah, they aren't dying out. Apple just updated the hardware not long ago. They have them at my local Apple store. Maybe they are re-arranging things in store or something? Pulling the mini now would be a dumb idea on Apples part. I dought they are dying out. Apple tv, maybe, but not the mini.

QUOTE Thanks
Apps

Apps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
Nah, they aren't dying out. Apple just updated the hardware not long ago. They have them at my local Apple store. Maybe they are re-arranging things in store or something? Pulling the mini now would be a dumb idea on Apples part. I dought they are dying out. Apple tv, maybe, but not the mini.
Mmm, but the store is mostly brand new... who knows lol.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apps View Post
It took me a while, but I noticed there were no Mac Minis anywhere, and no black spaces on desks, or adverts for Mac minis! Are apple going to kill off the mini?
So if they do...I don't see any Mac Plus's floating around the Apple Store either! Everything has it's day...then it's "retired".

If they did "kill the mini", they would probably replace it with something better! Maybe something you've never thought of!

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks
datamonger128

datamonger128 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook (Early 09), PowerBook G4 12" (DVI), Macintosh LCII, Macintosh Classic

The only Apple display that has the black border around the screen is the 24" LED display. To my knowledge, that monitor can't be used with much outside of notebooks and the new mini.

MacBook (Early 09) | 2.0GHz C2D | 2GB DDR2 | 500GB HDD | GeForce 9400M | Dual-Boot Snow Leopard/Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
PowerBook G4 12" (DVI) | 1.0GHz PPC G4 | 768MB DDR | 250GB HDD | GeForce FX Go5200 | OS X "Tiger"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac 24" and 5.1 speakers | Help on old Power Pc Mac »