Thread: Mac Mini dying

Mac Mini dying
    I went into an official Apple Store yesterday, and they had the usual Genius bar, Kids desk (with the really cool chairs ), MBPs, iMacs and a HUGE 30" Cinema Display (the old silver one). It took me a while, but I noticed there were no Mac Minis anywhere, and no black spaces on desks, or adverts for Mac minis! Are apple going to kill off the mini?

Also, after a little while browsing I noticed they still had Shake for sale, which was discontinued just recently, and had no new cinema displays (the black ones).

Just a bad store, or is the mini dieing ?

Specs:
    iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
    Nah, they aren't dying out. Apple just updated the hardware not long ago. They have them at my local Apple store. Maybe they are re-arranging things in store or something? Pulling the mini now would be a dumb idea on Apples part. I dought they are dying out. Apple tv, maybe, but not the mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
    Nah, they aren't dying out. Apple just updated the hardware not long ago. They have them at my local Apple store. Maybe they are re-arranging things in store or something? Pulling the mini now would be a dumb idea on Apples part. I dought they are dying out. Apple tv, maybe, but not the mini.
    Mmm, but the store is mostly brand new... who knows lol.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Apps View Post
    It took me a while, but I noticed there were no Mac Minis anywhere, and no black spaces on desks, or adverts for Mac minis! Are apple going to kill off the mini?
    So if they do...I don't see any Mac Plus's floating around the Apple Store either! Everything has it's day...then it's "retired".

If they did "kill the mini", they would probably replace it with something better! Maybe something you've never thought of!

- Nick

Specs:
    MacBook (Early 09), PowerBook G4 12" (DVI), Macintosh LCII, Macintosh Classic
    The only Apple display that has the black border around the screen is the 24" LED display. To my knowledge, that monitor can't be used with much outside of notebooks and the new mini.
    MacBook (Early 09) | 2.0GHz C2D | 2GB DDR2 | 500GB HDD | GeForce 9400M | Dual-Boot Snow Leopard/Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
    PowerBook G4 12" (DVI) | 1.0GHz PPC G4 | 768MB DDR | 250GB HDD | GeForce FX Go5200 | OS X "Tiger"

Thread Information