07-31-2009, 05:17 PM #1
Powermac G5 pci express to PCI using converter?
- Member Since
- Jul 31, 2009
I have a Mac G5 late 2006 edition with Pci-express slots. Unfortunately the vast majority of audio cards are PCI - I have seen the following available:
PCI-Express PCI-e to PCI 32bit Converter Riser Card on eBay (end time 22-Aug-09 00:39:06 BST)
The guys selling it tell me that its chipset is: pericom PI7C9X110
They say it doesnt come with any drivers and when they tested with windows it just works..question is will it work in my mac G5..?
further info on the card:
PCI EXPRESS FEATURES
• Compliant with PCI Express Base Specification, Revision 1.0a
• Compliant with PCI Express Card Electromechanical Specification, Revision 1.0a
• Compliant with PCI Express to PCI/PCI-X Bridge Specification, Revision 1.0
• Physical Layer interface (x1 link with 2.5Gb/s data rate)
• Lane polarity toggle
• Virtual Isochronous support (upstream TC1-7 generation, downstream TC1-7 mapping)
• ASPM support
• Beacon support
• CRC (16-bit), LCRC (32-bit)
• ECRC and advanced error reporting
• PRBS (Pseudo Random Bit Sequencing) generator/checker for chip testing
• Maximum payload size to 512 bytes
I am guessing it doesnt need drivers as it becomes part of the computer itself..
Any know if this will work on my mac?
Thanks a lot
11-24-2011, 02:05 PM #2
PCI to PCIe
- Member Since
- Nov 24, 2011
Hi there, did you get any further with this topic?
I have the same issue with my RME HDSP PCI card from my G5 that I'd like to use with my Intel Powermac with PCIe.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By WebRuss in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 5Last Post: 03-29-2010, 05:36 PM
By dpalitang22 in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 3Last Post: 01-06-2010, 10:39 PM
By Nam-Reh in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-08-2009, 07:10 AM
By rbaibich in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-12-2005, 05:13 PM