New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Graphic card

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gyubok

gyubok is on a distinguished road

Hi, I am a 3 years macbook user who is thinking of purchasing an iMac after iMac line is refreshed by apple soon.

I just have one question: is the graphic card in the newest iMac upgradable? Let's say.. I purchase a low end iMac with geforce 9400gt graphic card, in the future will I be able to upgrade the graphic card only?

Thanks!!!
QUOTE Thanks
fletch33

fletch33 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz

you can not upgrade the card yourself and there are also strong rumors that the iMac will soon see a price reduction as the Macbooks already have.

"i believe louisiana is the pelican state"
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

And the "card" is the 9400m, which is an integrated graphics chip. No f'in way will you upgrade it. It works fairly well, but if you're looking to game in high resolution... get a non 9400m equipped iMac... or... a pc.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« eMac power button logic board connector broken off | My G5 never shuts down properly - ideas? »