Question will mac mini users get free upgrade to tiger?
    Does anyone know if apple will let their mac mini users update to tiger for free? I soon to own a mac mini am curious to wonder if I will be able to upgrade for free. Thanks for the help.

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Depends on when you purchases your Mac mini. I believe you want to get it no more than 5 days of the release. It would be better to get it after the release of tiger.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Specs:
    MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
    ^Hes right

flyingpostman
    I don't beleive that users should be entitled to a free upgrade just because they bought at the wrong time. Examples of buying at the wrong time exsist everywhere, should there be compensation for that?

gdestiny
    i don't think apple have to give current mac mini (or any other apple platforms) owners tiger for free. tiger IS an upgrade. there is nothing wrong w/ panther that's pre-loaded on mac minis now. just my 2c...

Badger
    In the past Apple has offered special upgrade programs for people who bought a computer just before a major system release. Eligibility was based on purchase date not model. The cost was minimal, around $20 US for the CD. Whether they will do this for Tiger is up to Apple.

EvoMac
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger
    In the past Apple has offered special upgrade programs for people who bought a computer just before a major system release. Eligibility was based on purchase date not model. The cost was minimal, around $20 US for the CD. Whether they will do this for Tiger is up to Apple.

That would be cool of them to that, as I just got my mac in the middle of Feb, however as coming from the PC I expect noting at a discount. Would be nice to see such a cheap price for an upgrade on that though.

iDVFH.
    and people if your looking to buy one copy of Tiger and give it out to all your friend's dont do it illegally..just buy the 5 liscense Family pack for $200 lol

Kokopelli
    Quote Originally Posted by DV'SiBOOKG4
    and people if your looking to buy one copy of Tiger and give it out to all your friend's dont do it illegally..just buy the 5 liscense Family pack for $200 lol
    It does not quite work that way. The license is for 5 systems in the same household.

Quote Originally Posted by Apple Store
    Family Pack Software License Agreement allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple Software on up to a maximum of five (5) Apple-labeled computers at a time as long as those computers are located in the same household and used by persons who occupy that same household. By "household" we mean a person or persons sharing the same housing unit such as a home, apartment, mobile home or condominium. This license does not extend to students who reside at a separate on-campus location or to business or commercial users.

Thread Information