New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

mini - Mini Mac as a Media centre

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jasonh2015

jasonh2015 is on a distinguished road

I was thinking of getting Mini Mac and using it for a Media Centre. Just wondering if anyone has done this? It also doesn't say if it supports blue tooth or a wireless keyboard? I know I can get a unit to do the job, but want it very basic, and not to much clutter.

I was going to get Apple TV, and put it on my HDTV, but if the Mini does it then I'm happy to spend the extra money, oh and does it come with a HDMI connection.

Thanks Jason
QUOTE Thanks
Strukt

Strukt will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB

The Mac mini is going to be my next media center computer. And I am going to use it with: Plex Media Center for OS X

Check that application out, it is really nice

The Mac mini doesnt come with an HDMI port but Mini Display Port. You can buy an adapter for that so you can connect it to your TV.

I made a little video of plex here: YouTube - Plex Media Center Review

My Blog: Apple Laptops
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.2-MacMini3,1:10.9.2-iPhone6,1:7.1

I use my Mini for a media center and Time Machine host. It works fine with a HDMI adapter. I use plain old Front Row and/or boxee for the media access. Thus far, there hasn't been the need for anything other than a wireless Mighty Mouse. Any typing I need to do I use desktop sharing and my MBP.
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

It comes with a Mini-DVI port and a Mini DisplayPort interface. I am using the Mini-DVI adapter that came with it along with a DVI > HDMI cable.
QUOTE Thanks
jasonh2015

jasonh2015 is on a distinguished road

thanks for your info and reply everyone, its been a great help
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

Apple - Mac mini - Tech Specs - Explore every Mac mini detail, inside and out.

It's right there in the specs. Bluetooth 2.0 +EDR. Every Intel Mini has had Bluetooth.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Upgrade to new MacMini or Macbook White | G4 Can't repair disc »