Question When will be available Mac in Hd?
    Hi, I need to buy my self a new Mac, the one that i have is a powerbook G4, the machine is still in very good shape, but i believe is time for her reteirment. Now i have a question before investing,when will become available Mac's with bluray and videocard in Full Hd?,i work in a Full Hd broadcasting company and I really need acomputer with that feature.
    Would any of you know the answer to my question?
    thanks.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    NOTE: Moved to more appropriate forum.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by ejensen View Post
    Hi, I need to buy my self a new Mac, the one that i have is a powerbook G4, the machine is still in very good shape, but i believe is time for her reteirment. Now i have a question before investing,when will become available Mac's with bluray and videocard in Full Hd?,i work in a Full Hd broadcasting company and I really need acomputer with that feature.
    Most Macs have video cards that can display in full HD resolutions. You are correct that none of them currently come with Blu-Ray burners or the codecs necessary to view HDCP-protected content. When asked why, Steve Jobs referred to Blu-Ray support as "a big bag of hurt", so it might be awhile before that's ironed out.

But if you want to burn non-protected media to Blu-Ray, you can always purchase an external burner. Several products like Roxio's Toast can burn to Blu-Ray today with no trouble.

Would any of you know the answer to my question?
    thanks.
    Unfortunately, you're not going to get a definitive answer to that question here. Only Apple knows for sure, and they are infamous for keeping their product plans a secret.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thread Information