New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Mac Pro - (3.1) LED Cinema Display and my woes!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jay_N

Jay_N is on a distinguished road

Hi All,
Bit of a newby in the MAC world. I have a MAC Pro (System info say 3.1) and a HD30inch display with DVI. Great machine, love it to bits but I only use it for Photography. The HD display is not the best in the world for photos, movies and everything else yes. So I ordered a new Apple 24" LED Cinema Display.
It arrives a few days ago and as you are all shouting at me by now, it does not connect.
Now I need an option to get these conencted. I would love both of them connected. Apple Tech Support seem split on what will work and what will not depending on who you speak to!
What can I do? Can I buy an adapter? (looks like the answer may be no)
Can I buy a newer Display card with both ports, I current have the 8800GT.

Please help an Ex-PCer in need.
J
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

You really must like throwing money away. >_<"

Might want to check this out. Not sure if it will work with your computer or not.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Jay_N

Jay_N is on a distinguished road

Perhaps I do throw it away abit, still I do love my kit.
This card is exaclty what found about 20min after posting.
I have contacted Apple support and they have confirmed that this will fit in my MacPro and confirmed that the card is faster than the one I have now.
I still find it hard to belelive that Apple expect custoers that have spent 2500(sterling) not to be able to plug in a display.
Bad Apple.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_N View Post
Perhaps I do throw it away abit, still I do love my kit.
This card is exaclty what found about 20min after posting.
I have contacted Apple support and they have confirmed that this will fit in my MacPro and confirmed that the card is faster than the one I have now.
I still find it hard to belelive that Apple expect custoers that have spent £2500(sterling) not to be able to plug in a display.
Bad Apple.
Well I'm glad that it all worked out for you. ^-^"

Did you even do research on the new display before you bought it? Cause if you didn't then it's not really Apple's fault. >_>"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G5 Pixelation distortion shut down | Core Duo Crossover »