New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Deleting a shared "network"

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hoppy1028

hoppy1028 is on a distinguished road

How can i delete this shared file (mac001ec211e931). I believe it is from when I had Vmware Fusion, it says it is a PC file and I can no longer access it, I am guessing bc i no longer have windows on the computer guess and it is causing the (2) after IMac I believe, I can't figure it out and stupid stuff like that bothers me

QUOTE Thanks
aaatrack

aaatrack is on a distinguished road

did you get this fixed yet? if not i can help.

let me know.
QUOTE Thanks
willy5

willy5 is on a distinguished road

you wrote you could help the last person. I have an unwanted 'shared.' how can I delete this.. I've tried a lot.
QUOTE Thanks
psilosound

psilosound is on a distinguished road

having the same problem. when i connect my macbookpro to my airport extreme network, my iMac shows that, in addition to the laptop connecting, a pc server has also connected with the name "mac0017f2c3640c". this name is listed as the NetBIOS name in my laptop's network settings.

anyone know if i should take action to fix this?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« what and why is cpa security check invading my mac?? | Picked up an iMac G3. »