New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Is it worth it?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

crazysxycool

crazysxycool is on a distinguished road

I found one of these on eBay and the seller wants $1300 for it. I just wanted to know if this is a good price being that it's an early 2008 model before I purchase it. It's model MB325LL/A which is an early 2008 model.

Thanks in advance,
Wyman
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

No, it isn't a good price.
It's a bit high.
Apple is selling refurbished, newer model iMacs for under $1000.
Plus, if you buy the refurbished from Apple, you get a full one year warranty and still have the opportunity to bring that to a full three years with an Apple Care extension.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
crazysxycool

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y View Post
No, it isn't a good price.
It's a bit high.
Apple is selling refurbished, newer model iMacs for under $1000.
Plus, if you buy the refurbished from Apple, you get a full one year warranty and still have the opportunity to bring that to a full three years with an Apple Care extension.
Hi D3v1L80Y -

Thanks for your reply. So it's still not a good price if it's brand new? I forgot to put that in my initial post.

Wyman
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

No, it still is too high.

It's not a new computer, it's the early 2008 model.
Doesn't matter if the box was never open, it's still an older machine.

I have attached the suggested selling price quoted from Mac2Sell for the model you are looking at on eBay.

You can still buy a brand-new 2009 model iMac with better specs for $1200.

Unless you're planning on buying a machine that is more than 2 years old, you should avoid eBay.
Just get a new machine or refurbished one direct from Apple.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imac.jpg (21.4 KB, 6 views)

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
crazysxycool

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y View Post
No, it still is too high.

It's not a new computer, it's the early 2008 model.
Doesn't matter if the box was never open, it's still an older machine.

I have attached the suggested selling price quoted from Mac2Sell for the model you are looking at on eBay.

You can still buy a brand-new 2009 model iMac with better specs for $1200.

Unless you're planning on buying a machine that is more than 2 years old, you should avoid eBay.
Just get a new machine or refurbished one direct from Apple.
Ok, I will avoid the eBay transaction. Thanks so much for your insight. Could you send me the link(s) for the one you say is $1200? I'm interested in a 24 inch but if a refurbished is cheaper then I can bend a little.

Wyman
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

To look at refurbs to your hearts content go to apple.com - the click on the 'Store' link - then scroll down the left side to Special Deals and Refubished Macs.

They have what looks to be the very machine you were asking about for $999 and as D8 says would come with a 1 year warranty.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
crazysxycool

Thank you both for your responses. I now know how to proceed.

Regards,
Wyman
QUOTE Thanks
Mama Luigi

Mama Luigi has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV

I see you've already made the (wise) decision to avoid eBay, but I should also point out that when you buy an Apple refurb, you get a full 1-year warranty and you can buy AppleCare just like with a new Mac. If you buy a machine over one year old from eBay, you not only have no warranty but you can't even add AppleCare to it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How big of an internal HD will work? | Data Transfer Problems - new iMac »