New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac G5 problems?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

code777

what are the known iMac G5 problems? Again i was at the apple store today picking up some odds and ends for my "new" iMac when I overheard the guys at the bar talking about replacing a "mid-plane assembly" for an irate customer. I just heard them say the guy just bought it 4 months ago and its having a slight display problem or something. When I went up to them to ask them about the issue they both clammed up and kinda just brushed me off. So i did not pursue.

But I am curious are there known issues with the new iMac?
QUOTE Thanks
flyingpostman

From what i've read online, the midplane assembly has something to do with the noise of the fans.
QUOTE Thanks
code777

It seemed like it had something to do with the LCD because they said the guy was screaming that a computer he bought in October 2004 should not behave like this. And I agree!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
mMmApples

I boughty my iMac about two and a half months ago, and I have done nothing but love it the whole time. I've had no problems, not crashed once and am finding new reasons to never buy a PC again everyday!
QUOTE Thanks
code777

very good to hear! i love my imac g5 as well, NEVER going back to the Windows box.
QUOTE Thanks
kabwon

mine is going in 2mo for a check, **** thing just restarts.... maybe il lget a new one
QUOTE Thanks
bassplayrr

bassplayrr will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video

I've had mine for about a month and a half and have NO problems whatsoever. It has never crashed, it never makes any rude noises, and performs more reliably than any other computer I've owned.

-Chris
QUOTE Thanks
brendan67

brendan67 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.2 4gbram iPhone5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayrr
I've had mine for about a month and a half and have NO problems whatsoever. It has never crashed, it never makes any rude noises, and performs more reliably than any other computer I've owned.

-Chris
Hi

i got my iMac g5 in november easily best computer i have ever owned
to such an extent because i love it so much - we are getting married next week.

macbook pro 2gb
iphone5
ipad 16gb
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

I have had mine for about 2 months with no problems. I had a bad bluetooth keyboard when I got it but that was not the computers fault and easily replaced. Thought I was having problems the other day with the SuperDrive but it just turned out to be a corrupt video file

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

No problems here either. It's running smooth as a babies' bum.
QUOTE Thanks
mMmApples

I also had to replace a bluetooth keyboard, i may or may not have spilled beer on it :closed: nonetheless, as you said not the computers fault and it was replaced free of charge.

mMmApples
QUOTE Thanks
code777

ahhh thanks, very re-assuring. but i'm curious what happened to that guy's LCD or "mid-plane" assembly or whatever...
QUOTE Thanks
Danster

Quote:
Originally Posted by code777
It seemed like it had something to do with the LCD because they said the guy was screaming that a computer he bought in October 2004 should not behave like this. And I agree!!!!!
I bought mine in October :confused: but I haven't had any problems with the computer but I'v just reinstalled Panther and upped the RAM.

Now it's on fire WooHoo :spook:
QUOTE Thanks
Gryphonz

Gryphonz is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately, I have been without my iMac for 2 weeks now and it's only six weeks old. There is a piercing high pitched whine coming from a suspect power supply. Hopefully the part will be in soon and hopefully it is the power supply.

I miss my iMac.
QUOTE Thanks
kabwon

bleh, took mine to the apple store today, they couldnt find any problems with hardwdare, must be software they say. will have to reinstall and see what happens.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Mini LCD Question | internet connect »