New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Solution for 3 Monitors on G5?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Nite555

Is there anyone who has found a solution for having 3 monitors?

I have a G5 Dual 2.0 GHz, with the graphics card that came with the earily machines - the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. Out of this, I can successfully get to two 21" Samsung screens at a resolution of 1600X1200.

I reciently got a second graphics card, ATI's PCI Radeon 9200Mac edition. If I go out of the 9800 into the two 21" screens and out of the 9200 into one 19" screen at 1280X1024, I get a perfect 3 screen environment. However, If I try to use ALL 21" screens at the 1600X1200 resolution, the 3rd screen (coming from the PCI 9200) either doesn't display anything past the grey apple logo bootup screen - or displays a rather 'jittery' 3rd screen.

Has anyone successfully hooked up 3 screens to a G5 that are bigger than 19" per screen? HELP!
QUOTE Thanks
kingcrowing2

well... i have no expirience at all, but i would say, just try booting with one 21" connected to the 9200 at 1600x1200, just to make sure the graphis card can do it... your problem could be the 9200 not being able to handle it... but why do you need THREE 21 inchers?????
QUOTE Thanks
Nite555

Ive tried just using the 9200 with a 21" monitor @ 1600X1200 and i get the same results.... I have definatly deducted that the 9200 can NOT handle that size display at that resolution.

I believe that MAC is only supported by ATI and NVidia cards....

Just wondering if anyone knows of any other solutions, carts, etc.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Everything runs great on my mac mini, except... | mac -> windows printer problems yet again »