New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Value of my used iMac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jman14

Jman14 is an unknown at this point

I am looking to get rid of my 24" iMac. I am looking to go with a High-end Macbook or Low-end MacBook Pro. My iMac is a 24" screen. 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4MB of Cache,3GB OF RAM, 300GB 7200RPM HDD. Front side Bus of 800MHz. Superdrive, Bluetooth, Airposrt Extreme. The downer is it is 2 months out of warranty. How much on EBAY do you think I can get for this bc I know eBay always charges more to pay off the fees and also what do you think i could sell for at my local craigslist.
QUOTE Thanks
December

December is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: eMac 1.42 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD, OS X 10.4

Hmmm... $1200 maybe? I don't know too much about the value of Intel macs, but that is what I would guess.

"Your innocence is treasure, your innocence is death
But your innocence is all I have"
QUOTE Thanks
ADKhikerVW

ADKhikerVW is a jewel in the roughADKhikerVW is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4

Macs really do hold their value, and you can usually get a lot on eBay. Just try doing a search under completed listings to see how much they have sold for recently, and set your price accordingly. With those specs, you should be able to get about $1100 to $1200.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

I'm gonna say less than $1200.

Currently you can buy from the Apple Store a refurbished 24" 2.8ghz iMac for $1199...with a 12 month warranty!

Here's the link:

Refurbished iMac 24-inch 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - Apple Store (U.S.)

So a used (no warranty) 2.4ghz 24" iMac I would value around $1000.

But if you put it up for sale on e-Bay anything may happen if two people REALLY want it.

Good luck,

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks
outerrealm

outerrealm is on a distinguished road

I think the recession is taking a big bite out of resale value. Here's one on Craigs for $750 Power Mac G5 and LCD Display

I'm looking for another one like the one I have to use strictly for studio recording, if anyone is selling. I don't think I will pay $1200 as that is what I paid for my new in box G5/24" a year and a half ago when the market hadn't crashed. If I don't get the one on craigs (he would have to ship) I will still be shopping.

Thanks

Greg
QUOTE Thanks
Prophecies

Prophecies is on a distinguished road

Like mentioned above, Macs hold their value, however the recession is making people want to pay FAR less. I wouldnt sell it for any less than 1100$... but people are being greedy. I've have someone offer 1000$ for an almost new Mac Pro (early 2008).
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophecies View Post
Like mentioned above, Macs hold their value, however the recession is making people want to pay FAR less. I wouldnt sell it for any less than 1100$... but people are being greedy. I've have someone offer 1000$ for an almost new Mac Pro (early 2008).
It not just the economy...why would you pay $1100 for a used out of warranty 2.4ghz 24" iMac...when you can buy a refurbished 2.8ghz 24" iMac from the Apple Store WITH a 12 month warranty for $1199!

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Pro Mouse Issue | Replacement Video Card? »