New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - g5 freeze after startup and blank screen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

defboyuk

defboyuk is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have a Powermac G5 Dual, its a few years old and I previously had an issue with the screen (line patterns and lank screen) which was serviced and in the end they replaced my ATI Radeon graphis card which seemed to do the trick.

Since updating to Leopard OS 10.5.6 whenever I start my computer up I get the chime etc and i can log in on my password screen, but straight on the desktop the mouse keyboard everything freezes and occasionally this is followed or preceeded with a blank screen. The fans then Rev up pretty loud. Additonally i do not have any 3rd party RAM

Ive tried a lot of stuff such as

resetting PRAM
trying to boot in safe mode (gets stuck on white screen with apple logo, doesnt boot)
running fsck -fy

Can anyone help?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Are you the original owner of this G5, or did you just purchase it recently?

Just wondering if you purchased it recently...maybe the G5 came with problems.

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks
defboyuk

defboyuk is on a distinguished road

no im the original owner, bought it new from apple directly
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problems with Mac G4 | Mac mini waking me up »