New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac G5 looses internet connection.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BenV

Hi,

I have a iMac G5 with a wireless airport extream card and for some resone it seems to loose internet connection after i go on certain sites. 2 of them are www.royalmail.com and www.autotrader.co.uk its really stange it still have full signal but after going on those sites it loose connection and i have to restart it to get the connection back. The really wird thing is that I have a ibook g4 also with a airport card on the same network and that is find goning on those sites and never looses internet connection. What could this be anyone had simmilar problems. I'm thinking it could be Nortons firewall but i disabled that and it still happens.

thanx

Ben
QUOTE Thanks
squallen

squallen is on a distinguished road

If you have a loose connection you should simply tighten it up.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

Bit difficult to check antenna leads on an iMac alas, however what does Apple System Profiler say about Airport when you go to these sites, and if you use an Ethernet cable can you connect to these sites?

And for goodness sake get everything Norton's off your computer and leave Firewall off unless you are using public networks at internet cafes etc which is doubtful with an iMac.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Installing software | Will 20" ATI 2600 fit in a 24" IMAC (2008) »