New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - G4 Problem booting up!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

HmmIsee

HmmIsee is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, 2.5GHz C2D, 6 Gigs Ram (Yes) 320 7200 RPM..and much more!

Well I've got my buddies G4 Sawtoothe, and I had to fix the processor, well now I'm having a problem with the computer booting up. The computer would boot up before, but now nothing is going on. The light on the Logic Board comes on, and the processor is running. I've tried booting from a CD, but nothing happens. Does anybody know another way to boot up the computer from the cd that will work? Also the processor is upgraded, I bought it awhile ago, and i think it's a 1.6 ghz, I sold the computer to my buddy.

But if anybody has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it. Help me please!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Kurgan

Kurgan is on a distinguished road

Out of curiosity, how did you fix a processor?? I'm sure you've hit the cuda/pram button...

Provided your pram battery is good, try starting it in target disc mode and repair the drive on another Mac via 6 pin to 6pin firewire cord.
QUOTE Thanks
HmmIsee

HmmIsee is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, 2.5GHz C2D, 6 Gigs Ram (Yes) 320 7200 RPM..and much more!

Well first off, I don't know what my buddy did, kind of looked like he took a hammer and started beating the crap out of the processor: He had two capacitors that he broke off, so needless to say i had to solder two brand new ones.

But I have the computer running now, i'm installing Tiger on it as we speak, I'll just update everyone on anymore issues I have. Thanks for the advice also man, I'll keep that in mind if all else fails.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Struth!!!!!!! He ain't a buddy.

To boot from the install DVD/CD pop it in, reboot and hold down 'C' immediately after it chimes.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G4 won't read more than 256meg of memory! | Replacing a fan in a Power Mac G4(m8493) »