New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Mac Pro - monitor problem (weird)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jonbig

jonbig is on a distinguished road

Good day all!

I have a problem with my usually awesome mac pro. I am running 2 dell monitors and have been for 6 or so months with no problems. Recently the monitors went to sleep, as normal, but I was unable to wake them up. The computer woke up (judging by the sound of it) but the monitors wouldn't wake. I tried unplugging them, hitting buttons on the keyboard, moving the mouse, turning them on and off, but no luck. I was forced to turn off the computer by holding the power button . Now it keeps happening, even when I am actively using the computer, the monitors will go to sleep. I've looked at all the settings that I know of and I have turned the sleep function off completely. I don't know what else to do! It sees like a problem with the monitors because when they go to sleep, there is noc hange in the sound of the computer itself, leading me to believe that the computer isn't asleep, just the displays. I pushed a few buttons on the monitor while they are asleep and it says "power save mode, move mouse to wake", of course that doesn't work. I can't figure out why it started doing this all of the sudden or how to fix it. Appreciate any help you can give!
QUOTE Thanks
jonbig

jonbig is on a distinguished road

Ah man, no ideas guys? The monitors are going to sleep every hour for no reason at all now. I use this computer for trading and really need to figure out whats wrong. I have the mac set to no sleep/screensaver. I've been through the monitor settings, but there isnt much there' I have no idea what could be causing this or how to fix it.
QUOTE Thanks
MacintoshMaster

MacintoshMaster can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: White MacBook iMac G3 Dell inspiron laptop Dell inspiron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbig View Post
Ah man, no ideas guys? The monitors are going to sleep every hour for no reason at all now. I use this computer for trading and really need to figure out whats wrong. I have the mac set to no sleep/screensaver. I've been through the monitor settings, but there isnt much there' I have no idea what could be causing this or how to fix it.
sTRANGE?
Umm...............
You mean the dells or the mac pro???
Umm...............
Oh man...
I don't know whats goin' on there.
Have you treid re-installing MAC OSX

If I was you I would ring up Apple
QUOTE Thanks
jcgg

jcgg is on a distinguished road

Jonbig,

Sorry I can't help you with your monitor issue. What trading software do you use that runs on a Mac?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Computer won't turn on! | A little help with cleaning my iMac? »