New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

mini - What do you think of the mac mini?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

whitetux

whitetux is on a distinguished road

Basically i have an imac g4, and i cant afford to get an imac, but thought the mac mini looked pretty good, 'cause it has better spec than my g4 and will run final cut pro 6 and playback hd footage.

just wondering what your views on it are
QUOTE Thanks
J.Fo

J.Fo is a jewel in the roughJ.Fo is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, late 2012 model, 21"

Unless you need it absolutely right now, I would not get one. Rumor has it that Apple will be unveiling an updated mini at Macworld early next month. Since the mini has not been updated in over a year and a half, this update could be pretty significant with new graphics chips, faster processors, more memory, and bigger hard drives.

Again, this is just rumor and speculation at this point. No one knows for sure, but if you can hold out for a couple more weeks, you can likely avoid a serious case of buyer's remorse.
QUOTE Thanks
whitetux

whitetux is on a distinguished road

on the apple website, it says the new one is over 30% faster, and i wont be getting it in the near future probably in march or something
QUOTE Thanks
eddielee

eddielee is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4

There awesome!!

But yeah new ones are coming...so I'd wait

Thanks, Eddie
Software Engineering Student, NTU
QUOTE Thanks
MacPC

MacPC is on a distinguished road

My experience with the mini has been really good. I just leave G4 running for four years, (it's my personal web server.) it sits under my desk. quietly and does its job, the only time it needs a restart is after an Apple update. I would recommand it to anyone who is on a budget. For the money it beats any Windows craps. Can wait to see the new one.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« will not boot up....i'm an idiot! | MacPro Quad Core »