DailyStar
    Unhappy OS 9.2 Hang on startup Help plz
    When I start up my mac it gives me a little black bomb in the top left corner and freezes, I ran the hardware test and that all check out so I booted from the cd and it does the same thing. Please help

OS 9.2 Hang on startup Help plz
    Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    what version of os x are you running, what classic version, and how much ram do you have? if you have the os x install discs or software restore discs, I recommend reinstalling classic support. you could also have an extension conflict.

DailyStar
    Yea I have a g4 with 256 RAM, I found out that it is an extension conflict, but how do I know which one? I started up with no extension and it runs but when I disable unneeded extensions it still hangs, like I sad Im running 9.2 not OS X in classic mode. Only have 9.2 So is there a way to see what extensions are conflicting? It just freezes and I dont know how to see a log of errors or anything like that

Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    control panels>extension manager, it wont tell you, but its most likely the last software or hardware you installed or added on the mac.

Specs:
    12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
    If you Google for extensions conflict, you'll find lots of Howtos like this one

http://helpdesk.princeton.edu/kb/display.plx?ID=8711

Extensions conflicts were really common before OS X. Lots of not-so-happy memories. You got good at it, after a while.

macsrule
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyStar
    When I start up my mac it gives me a little black bomb in the top left corner and freezes, I ran the hardware test and that all check out so I booted from the cd and it does the same thing. Please help
    When i had that problem, the only thing i could do was to turn off all of the extension i had on and then turn on them 1 at a time. it took some time, but i finally found it.

good luck

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    The only way to resolve a conflict is do what macsrule suggested. The first place to start is with the last itemj you installed. If that does not resolve the problem. Then you turn off all extension except for Apple's basic set. Then you turn one on at a time and reboot. This process willl take some time.

I remember there was an application call conflict catcher (commerical product), I don't remember what version of the OS it was created for.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Thread Information