Pocola, Oklahoma
    Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"
    Dissapearing hard drive
    Ok, here's one for ya...I have a Power Mac G5 2.0 that I have a second hard drive installed. A 10K rpm Raptor that I have partioned in two parts, part 1 is an archive/work drive and part 2 is a music library.

This morning when i turned the system on it comes up to the desktop with an error box saying:

"You have inserted a disk containing no volumes that Mac OS X can read. To continue with the disk incerted press "Ignore".

It then goes on up to desktop. but without the two icons for the second hard drive.

I rebooted about 5 times and each time it did the same thing. Then on the 6th reboot there was no notice and there was the two icons for the archive drive and the music drive. Everything seems to be working properly at the moment with full access to all drives and files.

Anyone know what the heck is going on? I'm afraid to shut the machine off now cause it may do it again. Jeez I am starting to feel like I am back in the winders world...

Los Angeles, California
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Don't know the answer to your situation. But I would get disk warrior and check the disk.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Thread Information