New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

help uploading

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

y0j0hn

hey I wasn't sure where to put this, but since I have a g5, I figured I'd throw it in here. Well, I am a former PC user and I am pretty new to Mac so..bare with me. Anywho I use explorer, not safari, and I have a DSL connection.
My problem is this: I cannot upload anything onto any website, not files, image, not anything. I go over to my PC and I can upload anything within seconds. What gives? are my explorer settings messed up? can websites not read my Mac? I am lost as to what it is, please help
-John
QUOTE Thanks
phatsew

Internet Explorer on Windows works as an FTP program, as IE for Mac can. However, Internet Explorer for Mac has been discontinued, so you may need to choose another program to upload your files to an FTP server. Also, because it's discontinued, you may want to think about using something like Mozilla Firefox www.getfirefox.com or Safari.

For FTP, try using something along the lines of Transmit http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/16683 , or Fetch.
QUOTE Thanks
y0j0hn

well i tried using safari but that doesn't work either, but im gonig to try those other suggestions, thanks alot
QUOTE Thanks
phatsew

Yeah if you've ever used WS FTP for Windows, you'll feel right at home with Transmit. Great program. I think there's a 30 day free trial or something.

I was suggesting you may want to use another browser for everyday web browsing, because IE for Mac will probably fall behind standards soon.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Upgrading Firmware on G3 iMac for OSX | What to get for a new mac? »