New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Mac Mini, who's buyin?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

code777

curious, who out there is gettin a mac mini? Do you already own a iMac/iBook? I'm wondering if the majority of people that will be buying a mac mini are switchers or are they people who already own an iBook or iMac,

a few guys in the office want to buy the mac mini and are potential switchers. But when i said i was *thinking* about getting one they said "Why, you already have an iBook G4, why not just get an iMac G5 as your desktop?" and it got me thinking that the mac mini and iBook G4 are practically the same except the iBook is a laptop.
QUOTE Thanks
ssadams

i am buying one. im not a switcher but i wanted to try panther but didnt want to pay too much
QUOTE Thanks
rberry88

rberry88 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook

I'm getting one, mainly to setup with the PC my wife uses with a KVM switch so she can see how she likes it. She loves my PowerBook and, surprising to me, wants to actually learn OSX.

My shipping date shows on or before Feb 3.

Looking for a PowerMac G4 for $500 or less USD.
QUOTE Thanks
the_New_guy

the_New_guy will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;

i would love to buy one, it is cute.

Mac OSX is the bomb :bomb:
The Gadget Cast Gadgets.in
QUOTE Thanks
SpliceDWDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_New_guy
i would love to buy one, it is cute.
I've purchased one. I do have a Shuttle SB61G2 (PC), but if all goes well, as I think it will, I will switch 100%. :teen:

...got an aggrevating ship date of on-or-before 14/02/05. :mad:
QUOTE Thanks
Lasha

Yep! I'm getting this in a couple of months. It's gonna be used as my personal home web/email/file server. Gotta love Macs. Built in Apache.
QUOTE Thanks
proudlywelsh83

I'd like to purchase one and sit it next to the tv in the living room with the coposite video adapter to stream video footage and DIVX films from my Imac upstairs. nice and compact, just looking for a bluetooth small keyboard/remote to run apps from the comfort of my couch
QUOTE Thanks
pscl227

pscl227 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini @ 1.5Ghz, 1GB ram, 12.1" ibook 1.33Ghz 1GB ram

I've got mine on order with a mac kb and mouse, delivery date on or before the 28th :cool:
QUOTE Thanks
Ryanstech

I will be buying one, I don't need it as I have more then one Mac already but how can you pass up a new Apple collectible for $500? I think the cube was at least $1200 when it debuted.
QUOTE Thanks
Amen-Moses

Location: The home of the free and the land that did for Braveheart.
Amen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs

Mine is on order, shipping 29/01/05.

It will be going straight into my car if all goes to plan.

Amen-Moses
QUOTE Thanks
General_K

No plans to buy one here.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Will be looking at a PowerMac or an iMac in the next six months.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Echo_

imo imacs are a great steal
QUOTE Thanks
dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen-Moses
Mine is on order, shipping 29/01/05.

It will be going straight into my car if all goes to plan.

Amen-Moses
What you gonna do with it in the car? How you gonna hook it up? Get some pics for us when it's done!
QUOTE Thanks
dynasty

one more thing, can you add printers and scanners to the mini? Are there USB adapters for printers and scanners? And since there are only 2 usb slots, can you get a usb switch that makes one usb slot into 4-6?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ummm. Im a mac freak and I want to buy imac g5 but... | Washed out video »