Thread: Memory upgrade

Memory upgrade

Question Memory upgrade
    I heard you can upgrade the iMac G4 to 2GB. Is that true. With two 1GB cards. I want to upgrade my software from Adobe Creative Suite to CS4. But my computer doesn't have enough memory and harddrive space for (Leopard and CS4). Is there anything I can do??? I don't have enough money at this time to buy a new computer. -Jen Solomon

Memory upgrade

Question MEMORY > Apple > iMac G4 > 1.25GHz 20-inch Flat Panel USB 2.0 (DDR) (2x512 memory car
    heard you can upgrade the iMac G4 to 2GB. Is that true. With two 1GB cards. I want to upgrade my software from Adobe Creative Suite to CS4. But my computer doesn't have enough memory and harddrive space for (Leopard and CS4). Is there anything I can do??? I don't have enough money at this time to buy a new computer. -Jen Solomon

Memory upgrade
    Specs:
    iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
    Yes, however it takes 2 different types of ram and to get to the internal ram is a chore. You'll also need some thermal paste.
    One is located behind the 'user access' plate and this is the 'user' slot PC2700(333MHz) 200pin SODIMM
    The other slot is the 'factory slot' and this is for a PC2700 (333MHz) 186pin DIMM
    Both will take a 1GB module. I have 1.5 GB in mine, as I was not willing to take it apart.

This procedure should be the same for all the iMac flat screens.
    How to install the DIMM in the iMac Flat Screen, Apple Mac Products, iPod Accessories
    iMac G4 Take-apart for Drive and Ram upgrades
    When all else fails, try everything!
    The Rep System and you.
    Life's a joke...If you're not laughing, then you didn't get it.

June 2008

Memory upgrade
    Specs:
    PowerMac G4 MDD Dual 1.25 GHz, 1GB Ram, 80 Gig Hd, 200 Gig Hd; iMacDV 400Mhz 40GB 512Ram
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think that CS 4 won't work with your G4...
    Check out this link for the system reqs. It says a G5 or better is required... You'll need CS 3 if you want to use it on your G4....
    Dr. Insano, PhD
    Click, if you dare...

Memory upgrade
    Specs:
    2.2GHZ Intel Duo Core 2, Macbook Pro, G5 1.8mhz
    G4 Memory Install
    When I go to the Apple Website I see different styles of memory listed for MY iMac G4. I have the 1.25mhz 17inch with superdrive model. The memory is shows for my upgrade is:

There are two RAM slots in the iMac (Flat Panel) computers. They are:

* A user-accessible 144-pin SO-DIMM slot.
    * An internal (factory-installed) 168-pin DIMM slot

I'm confused as to if I can get a memory upgrade more than a 512mb chip for the user accessible 144-pin SO-DIMM slot. It looks like laptop memory to me. I am not sure I want to tackle the internal memory application. However if I can get a 1GB chip into that 144-pin slot and it will work, then 1.25GB of memory should be fine for me. It's the orginal 512mb that is a little slow for me. WHY DO THEY PUT A 256MB chip on the inside of the computer? Like you can do much of anything with just 256mb. Stupid Steve Jobs...

I went to Cheap Memory Outlet and used their memory finder and they said I needed 184-pin DDR DIMM PC2700 Unbuffered memory, they don't know their asses from a whole in the ground. I am pretty upset because this memory was expensive and it's wrong.

Any help would be appreciated. If I can get 2 - 1GB chips into my computer I might do it. I use this computer to record my band with Garageband 08'. Right now I have 512mb of memory and it's a little sluggish, I think an upgrade in memory will help me out considerably.

Thanks

Michael
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.

http://chronicinsomnia.podbean.com/

Memory upgrade
    Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '11 1.8 i7 4GB 10.10; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.10; 5s & 5c
    Here is some good info related to the memory in the G4 iMac's with links on how to upgrade including the hard to get to slot if you're so inclined.

Check out OWC after you've read through that. They really do seem to be one of the better online Mac stores around and their memory prices really are not bad.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Thread Information