MacMini Does Have a Fan!!!!
    Here is a article from MacWorld

The Noise. True to Apple’s recent hardware-design history, the Mac mini has an independently-controlled fan that turns on and off and adjusts its speed based on the Mac mini’s cooling needs. According to Apple, the fan runs at 22 decibels, essentially whisper-quiet. We had a hard time hearing any noise coming from the Mac mini’s fan, but then, no room at Macworld Expo is quiet in the way that a truly quiet home or office setting would be. We’ll have more on the Mac mini’s noise when we get one into the Macworld Lab.

San Antonio, Texas
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    if this is the case, why couldnt they toss a fan into the g4 cube?

Trial and error? :closed:
    MacWorld got this info straight from apple.....

New Jersey
    Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
    I guess they did not think the G4 cube needed it becaues it was more open then the mac mini
    My Website
    I love my hosting company!
    I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006

Luxemburg, Europe
    PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Macman
    if this is the case, why couldnt they toss a fan into the g4 cube?
    According to the Cube's original specs, there wasn't really much need for a fan, and it was build in a way that dissipated heat by convection, which for that hardware was enough.

The Macmini is even more crammed than the Cube, has a CPU, GPU, memory and system bus running at much higher frequencies than the Cube, and therefore needs a fan to cool all this.

I have a single 1.25MHz G4 in my PowerMac, and it's heatsink is really huge (about half the size of the Mac Mini!). Plus it has a (quite noisy) 120mm I guess that little thing runs pretty hot... :cool:

I dont know if i missed something here or what, but isnt this in the wrong section?

San Fransisco Bay Area, CA, USA
    20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxp0wer2004
    I dont know if i missed something here or what, but isnt this in the wrong section?
    That's what I was thinking as well, but seeing as that I have <20 posts I figured I'm the last person to be pointing out where things should and should not be.

Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    I wonder what all the cube-heads are saying about this btw...

They've been campaigning for a revival of the cube for years now and they've basically got one...

It's not only much much cheaper than the cube, but also smaller, faster, better etc etc.

If I had a larger apartment with living room (instead of a 1-room apartment) I would definitely get one of these as a home entertainment system (i.e. music, dvd & photo playback device)

Well the reason I didnt put this in any other forum is becuse there wasent a mac mini section yet, so realy your not to bright when you think you are.
    Get a life and quit posting I told you so's on a mac forum.
    Some people get so anal about online stuff.... forum ettiqet, and poloticaly correct Ideology is for people without a life, their old ladys tell them what to do at home so they have to go barking up someones tree online, get a freakin life man!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And no I dont spell good and if that makes me less of a person, then you just proved my point again.

Thread Information