New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

eMac - USB webcam problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TechFlash

TechFlash is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: eMac 60GB 1GHZ. 4GB iPod Nano.

Okay I just got my eMac in the mail, its running OS X Tiger v4.11 and works great. I wanted to plug in my Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000 for iChat, but it didn't work at all. And I don't mean it said "This device is incompatible" I mean it said nothing. I plug it in, and nothing happens. It doesn't even recognize the device.

I've tried downloading Mac-cam and other drivers, but it does no good. I plug in my DV camcorder via firewire and it works just fine, but my quickcam just isn't recognized.

Help, please?
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.9 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.6.8

In what Application are you trying to use your webcam?

For example, I only use my Logitech Quickcam Go with Skype, but it doesn't work unless I have the camera connected before I start Skype.

And check this out http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=69289 noting particularly the bit about only one type of driver at a time, and the comment about your model of LT cam further down the page.
QUOTE Thanks
TechFlash

TechFlash is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: eMac 60GB 1GHZ. 4GB iPod Nano.

I'm trying to use it for general use. Stuff like movies, iChat, skype, etc. I'll try the link you gave me and attempt to use the 4000 software (I was able to download it for my 5000 on my PC before).

Thanks!

EDIT:

Nope, it didn't work. I can somewhat see why it would not though, apparently on Logitech's website there aren't any drivers for Mac for my quickcam pro 5000.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G5 1.8 dual startup problems | Mac Pro 2.66 Xeon? »