New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Mac Pro - dual monitors power on/off

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

danzilla

danzilla is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro - 2x3Ghz Quad, 4GB, 2TB etc, etc.

I currently have an intel Mac Pro with the graphics card with dual DVI outputs. I am using both outputs for a dual monitor (both are Mac monitors) setup on my desktop.

My main monitor turns on/off automatically when starting up/shutting down, but my second won't, (it just goes to sleep), forcing me to exert myself and manually press the power button on the side! This is a lot of work! I'm lazy! Shouldn't the second monitor turn on/off automatically like the first? Is this a software question? Don't hurt me if it is!

Help! My finger is getting a callous!
QUOTE Thanks
Blizare

Blizare can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd

Leve the monitors power switch on all the time. When I shut down my mac pro at night I leave the monitors on. As soon as I start up the comp in the morning It boots the white screen only on one monitor, then the 2nd one will pop up soon after.
QUOTE Thanks
d4vee

d4vee is on a distinguished road

i have a mac with dual monitors, mine seem to work fine.
the second monitor should turn on at the same time as the first. maybe hardware problem. try connecting your graphics card on another mac and see if its the graphics card.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G4 Quicksilver Dual 1Ghz Shuts Down on it's own! | 24" Imac Monitor is one huge Easter Pastel Party »