Do Imacs have built in capture cards?

Specs:
    Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
    Sound capture?

Video capture?

Rodent capture?

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    He's most likely referring to a video capture device. And if that's the case, then no - you'll need a third party add on device like one of the EyeTV USB adapters.

Many times, you can also use a digital camcorder to do analog to digital transfers if it has a Firewire connection.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thanks CWA107 i have DV camera that has a fire wire connection what i am wanting it for is to record games from my xbox i was told to either buy a capture card or use a DV camera im not sure if the camera i have is the right type but i cant seem to get a straight answer from anyone on that forum

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Thanks CWA107 i have DV camera that has a fire wire connection what i am wanting it for is to record games from my xbox i was told to either buy a capture card or use a DV camera im not sure if the camera i have is the right type but i cant seem to get a straight answer from anyone on that forum
    Most DV cams that have a firewire port, also have analog jacks to connect up an analog source. Essentially, you'd just pipe your XBOX into the analog jacks and then capture the video using something like iMovie. I've never done it myself, but I have used other analog sources (like a VCR) successfully, using my Canon ELURA 65.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

How would i connect the xbox to the camera would i use a USB cable and then use the fire wire to connect the camera to the Mac?

Specs:
    How would i connect the xbox to the camera would i use a USB cable and then use the fire wire to connect the camera to the Mac?
    Assuming the XBOX has a composite out, you would connect a composite cable (yellow RCA cable) plus stereo RCA cables to the Yellow, White and Red connectors on the camera (or the camera's break-out box).

Again, I know nothing about the XBOX's connectivity options, nor do I have any familiarity with your DV camera. Your manual should explain how to connect an analog device.

I do haver the wrong type of camera then it doenst have the red white and yellow cables looks like ive got to by the external capture card

Specs:
    I do haver the wrong type of camera then it doenst have the red white and yellow cables looks like ive got to by the external capture card
    I would double-check your DV cam's manual and see what kind of analog inputs it has. A lot of times, the ports aren't on the camera itself, but on a "break out" box that connects to a small port on the camera. Sometimes those boxes are optional and cost just a few bucks, if it didn't actually come with it.

It's really just a matter of mapping up the outputs available from the XBOX to the inputs on the DV cam.

Thread Information