Its a go - its a iMac!!
    As some of you may have noticed I've been hanging around asking all the noob question - sorry. Well, I've decided to go for the iMac20 - and I've also decided to wait for the updated iMac, whenever (but soon) that will be (I hope)..

I do have one last question tho - what is the likely update going to be? I know no one knows for sure - but, is there a pattern to apple updates that can hint a little bit!!!

What would you like the update to be?

Mount Vernon, WA
    MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
    Take a look:

Now when they come out, only means you can buy it then. It does not mean you'll get it then.. you'll probably have to wait a month or more depending on demand. But from that page it looks like it's going to be quite awhile before a new iMac is released, since the current one was not released too long ago.

I really like my iMac 20" it's a sweet piece of machine!

Miami FL
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    Congratz on the what's sure to be a happy change! I am more than up to expectations having switched :alien:

be prepared to wait a long time and if they do i think it'll only be to a 2 Ghz or 2.5

the 1.8 is more than enough for all task's i have it and it's superfast just make sure you buy as much RAM as you can afford

Cheers for the info! I've lived with windows for years - so am willing to wait for the the update!! tho the sooner the better - I've got the money right now and may be tempted to spend it in the mean time :-(

For the update I'm hoping for a better frontside bus more then anything!!!

hmm yes and i wish the imac had the option for a better graphics card upgrade + more vid RAM as the one it has now isn't that great for future games I.E. half life 2, doom 3 thats my only gripe with it

Thread Information