External Harddrive Help Pls!
HI Everyone ...
This is my first post, I have a network of a G4 and a G3 MAC for my printing company. I was looking for a way to add an additional Harddrive which could be shared by both computers. I purchased a ACOMDATA External HD (250 Gb) and connected it via USB 2.0 (Is USB 2 faster the Firewire). Originally I wanted to connect it using a LINKSYS NETWORK STORAGE LINK (NSLU2) to prevent the drive from using any processing power from my G4, however after connecting it I found that the NSLU2 is not compatible with MAC. So now the Ext HD is connected via USB 2 directly to the G4, however I cannot seem to be able to access it ( or even view it on the G3).
So my questions are.....
1. Does anyone know how I can set this up so that I can access the Ext HD from both Macs...???
2. Anyone know of a similar product to the NSLU2 that is compatible with MAC Os.?
3. Using the Ext HD directly to the G4 will that affect the performance if I am doing other tasks as well?
4. What is faster USB 2 or Firewire?
Thx for all your help !!!
1. if you have sharing on on both macs, it should work.
2. not sure
3. no, it shuldnt, is it self powered? if not you may during heavy use get an error of an external device drawing too much power.
4. firewire is faster and more reliable.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.