Mac mini restarts at setup.
    I just got my mac mini set up (keyboard,mouse,cables etc all plugged in).

I turned it on and get the leopard setup animation. Then I have to choose the language of the keyboard and wireless network. It lets me get up to the point where I have to put in my Apple ID then it restarts itself.

It doesnt matter which way I choose, if I begin typing my ID it restarts. If I click continue, it restarts. If I just leave it, nothing happens, it will just stay on that screen.

Whats happening??? I got the mini off eBay. Im thinking it might be broke?

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Quote Originally Posted by macminileopard View Post
    I just got my mac mini set up (keyboard,mouse,cables etc all plugged in).

I turned it on and get the leopard setup animation. Then I have to choose the language of the keyboard and wireless network. It lets me get up to the point where I have to put in my Apple ID then it restarts itself.

It doesnt matter which way I choose, if I begin typing my ID it restarts. If I click continue, it restarts. If I just leave it, nothing happens, it will just stay on that screen.

Whats happening??? I got the mini off eBay. Im thinking it might be broke?
    Was the mini you purchased from eBay previously owned or is it new? If you have the Leopard DVD set that came with the mini, it's best to reinstall the OS if it was previously used.

If you run into the same difficulty after reinstalling Leopard there's a possibility that something may be wrong with the machine.

I always warn people away from purchasing computers off eBay or Craig's list unless you can actually meet with the seller and test the unit prior to the sale. If possible, contact the seller and advise him\her of your experience.

Regards.

It was previously used, but the seller had 100% positive feedback. It didnt come with a leopard install CD but came with Tiger on CDs.

If tiger installs Ok would that mean it isnt hardware related? Im thinking I could buy leopard on CD if tiger installs OK.

Specs:
    By all means, use the Tiger disks and re-install. If Tiger installs OK and everything works well, you can purchase Leopard.

If the seller has 100% positive feedback he should be willing to stand by his sale and if necessary refund your money.

Regards.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Yes for sure put in the Tiger DVD that came with the Mini and do a Erase and Install. It should then work fine. If not, let us know and we will try and help. Do let us know if it DOES work also!

I tried with the Tiger disk, but it completly messed up. Wouldnt keep the disk, kept ejecting it. Tried a few times, holding down the keys but it didnt do anything. At one point a setup page came on but it kept going back to the beginning of the setup after a few steps.

Specs:
    Mac mini, 20" Cinema, wireless keyboard and mouse.
    Contact the seller.
    I'm pretty sure he will help you.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by macminileopard View Post
    I tried with the Tiger disk, but it completly messed up. Wouldnt keep the disk, kept ejecting it. Tried a few times, holding down the keys but it didnt do anything. At one point a setup page came on but it kept going back to the beginning of the setup after a few steps.
    Get in touch with the seller as soon as you can and ask for a refund. You will probably be responsible for shipping it back to him. Hopefully you used a credit card in payment and not a PayPal withdrawal from your bank account.

I sincerely hope things work out well for you.

Regards.

Thread Information