Thread: B&W hard drive

B&W hard drive
    So i just got an 80 GB HD for my B&W, i think it should work, however i think my CD drive died when i was installing OS X(3.4) onto it, it said there was a disc error or something and i couldn't install it agian but i knew the CD was right because i used it prior to install the OS on my 6GB HD with no problems. I've ordered my new CD-RW/DVD drive but i just wanted to make sure that with the B&W i don't need to have the OS in the first 8GB like you do with the Beige systems. this is a Revision 1 machine. Thanks alot!

I also tried mounting the CD image to a second HD and booting from that HD, it would get the the picture of an apple with a spinning circle at the bottom, then hang there

I tried mounting the 6GB HD's image(with the OS ans apps installed) onto the 80GB, however after a minute or so it would say i need to restart my computer, not sure why that happenend either

Thanks alot it all works grate. now for one last thing. I also had a 40 gig western digital WD400BB-00DEA0 HD in it and formated. I would like to take out the 9gig that it has in it now and put the 40 and put OS 10.3 on it would it work?

Thanks Jonathan

it should work without a problem assuming your CD drive is in working order, however i myself seem to be having trouble with getting my new HD to work

Thread Information