Problem with wireless mouse and keyboard for G5 sleeping and never waking
    Hi all,
    I just joined the list, and I have a question that has been vexxing me for the past month or so. I recently got a new G5 iMac which I love. I got Bluetooth enabled Apple wireless mouse and keyboard which I also love. However, I DO NOT love that after not using the mouse and keyboard for a while, they seem to go to sleep and not wake up. I have tried replacing the batteries - not the issue. I spoke to someone at Apple Support via email late several nights, and the best they could do was have me remove the back panel and reset via a small button (the name of which I have forgotten).

I can specify further details about this problem, but I figured I would ask this first: has anyone out there had similar problems or found solutions to such problems?

Best Regards,

Have you "paired" the mouse and keyboard to OS X? when you go through all the install steps there is a screen that makes you type in like 5 or 6 numbers and then hit enter to pair the keyboard and mouse to your mac. I had your same problem until I figured out how to pair them, I think it puts a little heart icon next to the device names to show that they have successfully been paired.

Paired mouse and keyboard
    I did pair them when I first began using them - this is something that happened after many days of successful use. I'll see if I can remember any more specifics. . .

Basically, I just need to find a way to wake the keyboard and mouse from there seemingly permanent slumber.

Thread Information