iMac G3 and iLife 08
    Hello all. I am a little stumped and am somewhat new to Mac issues. My wife is the true Mac user and I am getting up to speed. We have a brand new Imac and actually just purchased a G3 at a garage sale for $25 this past weekend. I am constantly hogging her Imac for video editing, and I was trying to load ilife 08 into the new/old G3. I have learned that my G3 does not have the memory to load ilife 08. Is there a way to load only imovie 08? If not can I purchase a memory upgade for it? If not, what is the latest version of Ilife? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Specs:
    21in. iMac 10.11 --- HP win 10
    Which G3? Try looking here for memory: http://macsales.com/
    Delusions are often functional. A motherís opinions about her childrenís beauty, intelligence, goodness, et cetera ad nauseam, keep her from drowning them at birth.
    -Lazarus Long

Not real sure
    I am not sure which G3 we have. All I know is it is old and the feedback from the Apple store is that Ilife will simply not work on any G3's which I find a little hard to believe as I am sure they would have prefered I buy a new computer. I am concerned as I have heard that with all the greatness of the Mac, and greatness over the PC is truely greatness, that the mac updates frequently and the Apple company policy is to not really offer extensive support for older machines forcing you to constantly buy new computers.

Your Imac has a Power PC Chip and is not Intel. What OS is on the Machine, as iMovie 2 is what it runs.

Specs:
    21in. iMac 10.11 --- HP win 10
    If you have a beige G3 you might have problems. If you have a Blue&White G3 you can run at least imovie 6, maybe better.
    Delusions are often functional. A motherís opinions about her childrenís beauty, intelligence, goodness, et cetera ad nauseam, keep her from drowning them at birth.
    -Lazarus Long

Thread Information