New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - My "blue rimmed button default" problem.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Geonator

Geonator is on a distinguished road

I have a iMac G5 (with isight), but this problem can most likely occur on any computer and operating system.

I find this hard to describe and thus, it is hard to do simple Google searches.

The problem:

1. One day a while back I was doing "something" (I think it was a "heavy" game.) and my computer partially froze.

2. I tried unfreeze my computer by pushing many buttons at once, but in the end all I could do was hold down the power button and watch the screen go blank.

3. (THE PROBLEM) Everything was fine when I turned on my computer EXCEPT that all the buttons with "blue rims" (the one's where you can cycle through by hitting the tab button) changed from its default button to the one next to it.

4. (EXAMPLE) So, every time the shutdown window opens (and I don't want to use my mouse), I need to hit tab to move the "blue rim" from the Cancel button to the Shutdown button, before hitting Return/Space bar.

I hope I got my problem across to you, and I would really like to thank anyone for their ideas. (Or even just a name for the "BLUE RIM"!)

George
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MCE OptiBay Hard Drive, as good as it seems? | How to print »