New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Lost audio on .avi files

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kevinat_smith

kevinat_smith is on a distinguished road

Recently I have lost all audio on my .avi files that I have brought from my digital camera. All past and present files are being affected. I know it's not my camera because I tried uploading the files to a macbook and the audio was still there. I do have all the audio for my OS and applications, and itunes. I feel like i've tried everything. I've opened garage band to see if that would fix it. I repaired permissions in the disk utility. I downloaded real player to see if they would work in there. I uploaded them into imovie and saved them as another type of file to see if that would work, but nothing. When I upload the movies to my blog the audio isn't there, but 2 weeks ago when I uploaded a different movie on, the audio was there.
Any help would be appreciated. I know the audio is there somewhere because I uploaded a .avi file back on to my camera and the audio is there.
QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Have you got Flip4Mac, DivX and VLC Player?

Sounds like a codec issue. Uninstalling and reinstalling these three might bring it back.
QUOTE Thanks
kevinat_smith

kevinat_smith is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the quick reply. I had Flip4Mac but not the other two, so I uninstalled and then installed it again, but it still doesn't work. Any other suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac Memory Upgrade (intel based) | damaged headphone socket? »