New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - Sonnet Encore/MDX G4 Duet Questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shelflife19

shelflife19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

ok, so i was doing some research on CPUs for the MDD G4, came across one thats selling a 1.42ghz for $350 +shipping. To me it makes more since to spend an extra $100 and get a better cpu. I thought the sonnet CPUs for the mdd were 600+ but thats for the dp 1.8, not 1.6. So my question is this, does the cpu card have jumper setting for the different mdd bus speeds? because i dont want to buy this card and find out that its only for a certain bus speed, i'v looked on the sonnet mdx website and it doesn;t say anything about bus speed, the site that has them for sale says the same thing the sonnet site says. Any ideas?

"Stick your head through the portal as it starts to expire and you will have contributed to the worlds first arcane guillotine!"
QUOTE Thanks
shelflife19

Anyone?

Beauller?

Beauller?

"Stick your head through the portal as it starts to expire and you will have contributed to the worlds first arcane guillotine!"
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Have you looked at the OWC site to see what cards they have listed for your mac

They would be best placed to tell you since they are a great site for mac upgrade info

http://www.macsales.com/
QUOTE Thanks
shelflife19

Well, they dont show anything for my specific model (2003 1.25ghz) but they do show the encore mdx for the fw800, which is the same bus speed, it says it compatible with "Mirrored Drive Doors" but it doesn;t list what models.

QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

Subject to the MDD having 167MHz system bus speed a 1.42DP and heatsink will be a simple conversion and really I doubt the upgrade are worth the additional backs. Here is a link and also check out the xlr8yourmac.com reference:-=

http://www.applefritter.com/node/22124
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« help booting Mac G3 266 mhz to cdrom drive please | connect to Hitachi CRT with ? »