New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Dual 1.8 G5 vs Single 1.8 G5 (purchasing advice)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Markdjoes82

Hey all,
I am fairly new to the Mac processor world and my company was going to buy a few new machines for some of our art people. They mainly just use Adobe photo and QuarkXpress. They don't do any audio or video editing. Do you think they would need the dual 1.8 G5 or will a single handle the load? Most graphics aren't very intense either. They mainly make graphics for mailing as we do some direct marketing. I think a single could handle their work, but I don't know to much about the mac architecture and was looking for advice from someone that actually uses them for work.
QUOTE Thanks
sivp

Obviously dual is faster, it depends on the project sizes. If your working on whole bill boards, then go with the dual processor. If your just making letter size prints, you dont really need dual..
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac G5 Display Problem | 1.6 - 1.8.. Wat's the Diff??? »