New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - iMac Help, about refurb units and ram.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

galaxy121

galaxy121 is on a distinguished road

Ok, I want to get a new iMac but I want to go the refurb way. I have had some refurb items from Apple before, but not the iMac ones. Can someone who tell me how the refurb iMacs are. Also I am planning to upgrade my ram from 1gb to 4gb because simply the Apple ones are way too expensive.

I found 2 quality sites, I know the rams are compatible with the iMac, but they is a $20 difference in price and I want to see if the cheaper one is good as the other one. Also, If someone who bought an iMac ram that got a good price, can you direct me to the site ?

Thanks

http://crucial.com/store/mpartspecs.aspx?m...9CD5410A5CA7304

or

http://www.transintl.com/store/category.cf...uestTimeOut=500
(click on the drop down box for the 4gb option)
QUOTE Thanks
Soulwar

Soulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5

Welcome!

Another place to look at...
MyOWC at OtherWorldComputing.com
http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other.../53IM2DDR4GBK/

Haven't heard of tranintl.com myself... Check shipping costs and what the warranty is. Make sure to go where there is a lifetime warranty. Most members here recommend OWC, Crucial or Newegg. I've ordered from OWC and Newegg and never had a problem.

Same could be said for refurbished Macs. Do some research for the site you're looking at. Check policies and warranties.
Another place to look at...
http://www.powermax.com/parts/code/PM_CU_IM_IN

And remember, you get what you pay for. Usually the cheapest, isn't the best.

When all else fails, try everything!
The Rep System and you.
Life's a joke...If you're not laughing, then you didn't get it.

June 2008

QUOTE Thanks
podboq

podboq is on a distinguished road

I bought a Apple.com refurb 24" iMac at a good discount off new, feeling that the unit had already been returned and repaired and hand tested before being resold. I've not had a single problem whatsoever at all, I am totally pleased.

I bought my 4gb of ram from Otherworldcomputing.com, no problems with it either. I keep my stock stick in a sealed container in case I ever need it for diagnostic purposes.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac dust in screen | G5 Power Issue »