New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - What do I have here ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

petrpuck

petrpuck is on a distinguished road

Hi, new guy here. My wife works in a doctors office, which uses Macs exclusively. They just bought new machines and she brought two older machines home. What exactly do I have here and how old are they.

One is a POwer Mac 4 ( machine name) Power Mac3,5 (machine model).Mac OS X, version 10.4.10 processor 733 MHz Power PC G.4.

The second is: I-Mac, Power mac 4.2, 800 MHz.

Thanks in advance PK
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Check these URL's for the Power Mac 733. It's either a Digital Audio or Quicksilver.

http://www.lowendmac.com/ppc/digital...er-mac-g4.html

http://www.lowendmac.com/ppc/quicksi...er-mac-g4.html

This could be the iMac.

http://www.lowendmac.com/imacs/15in-...0-800-mhz.html

What OS is on them? Do they boot up?
QUOTE Thanks
petrpuck

petrpuck is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply. I will look a the links . They both work great. Its just that I have only had PCs till now and these machines are new to me. I will also check the OS. Thanks again. PK
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

OS X.4.11 is as far as both these machines can go so if you can hook them up to your ethernet, download the latest update. To go to the latest OS, Leopard, you will need an 867MHz processor minimum.

Go to Apple's website and look for manuals, also www.lowendmac.com and www.xlr8yourmac.com are great sites.
QUOTE Thanks
davidmigl

davidmigl is on a distinguished road

photos?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Resetting/Removing Open Firmware password | iMac transport cases - where to get »